A friend, co-worker, or family member is retiring soon and you’ve been asked to record a video message for the retiree. And that is why you might wonder, what do you say in a retirement video?
In a retirement video, you say “Congratulations on your retirement, Name”. And “Thank you for all your hard work” or “I’m going to miss you” as a coworker. And “You deserved it” as a friend. After that, you share a favorite memory and give them a compliment. You end the video message with well-wishes for the future by saying “I wish you the best with (name hobby/ spouse). Enjoy and cheers to your retirement!”
This is just the tip of the iceberg of all the things you can say in a retirement video. This article is filled with retirement video message ideas and tips on how to make the best retirement video, so continue reading.
Just a heads up, this post contains some affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Purchases you make through these links may earn us a small commission, at no extra cost to you.
What Do You Say In A Retirement Video?
Retirement is a major life achievement that people worked hard for many years. It’s a life celebration. You celebrate the end of an era, a life-long career but also a new life chapter filled with hopefully lots of fun and adventures. Many people experience mixed emotions when they retire. They feel sad and happy to close a big chapter in their lives and are anxious and excited about what the future holds. A lot of feelings all at the same time.
Therefore it can be difficult to come up with the right words to say when someone is retiring. But no need to worry, I’m going to help you out with that. And before I share retirement video message ideas I want to share a formula that you can use for an awesome retirement video message. If you personalize this formula, you’ll do great:
Awesome Retirement Video Message =
Congratulating + acknowledgment of their work + compliment of a great trait + favorite memory + well wishes for the future.
Quick Tip: If you’re looking for a very easy way to create a retirement video with video messages from coworkers, friends, or family, I highly recommend using VidDay. No app needed, no editing skills needed and VidDay does most of the work for you. Anyone and everyone can join in on the retirement video by clicking on a link you share via email, WhatsApp, text, etc. Curious? Visit VidDay website here >>.
Retirement Video Message Ideas
A retirement video filled with sweet, funny, sincere, tear-jerking messages is a great video. Now you don’t have to be all that at the same time, What you’re going to say in a retirement video all depends on the relationship you have with the retiree, what you want to share with them and what kind of person the retiree is. So to make things easy for you I’ve listed 10 retirement video message ideas below. It’s a mix of thoughtful and funny messages that you can easily use as a source of inspiration for your retirement video message.
Retirement Video Message Ideas For A Coworker Or Boss
1) Dear (Name), congratulations on your retirement. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication. I’ve enjoyed working with you and I’m going to miss you. It will not be the same without you here. I wish you many years of health and happiness in retirement. Enjoy!
2) Happy retirement (Name)! I start by saying I’m going to miss you so much. I’m thankful for the years you’ve been my boss and I’m grateful for all the opportunities you’ve been giving me in my career. You motivated me and taught me so much. You will always be my favorite boss. And I hope you won’t forget me. Enjoy your time with your grandchildren and going camping. Congratulations and cheers to you!
3) Hey (name), you’re going to live the good life. No more Mondays only Saturdays and Sundays from now on. Can’t wait to get there too. Well, I wish you all the best. Spend all your money on your wife 😉 And have a good one. Happy retirement!
4) Congrats on your retirement (Name). I hope you have a wonderful time. Don’t golf too much, because I want to keep winning. We will keep in touch. Enjoy and take care!
5) (Name), the man I’ve looked up to for 30+ years. It’s been an honor and privilege to have been working with you. I love you. I wish you the best in retirement. Congrats!
Retirement Video Message Ideas For A Friend Or Family member
6) Hi (Name), Congratulations I wish you all the best. And I hope you enjoy each and every day of your retirement. You can catch up on all the sleep that you’ve lost all over the years. And may you and (Name Spouse) have the best time ever. You have been a great friend over the years. We love you.
7) Happy Retirement (Name)! Now your wife is your new boss ;). But in all seriousness. I am so happy for you. And I am proud of you. I hope you have a good time, I hope you stay busy and I hope you get to do all the things you’ve always wanted to do. Enjoy!
8) Hey (Name). I want to congratulate you on your retirement. Hopefully, we can go golfing/ fishing sometime. And if you need any advice on all things about retirement. Give me a call. Well, take care, enjoy your time with (name spouse) and your grandchildren and we see each other soon.
9) Hi (Name). I can’t believe this day is here. I am so proud of you that you get to retire. (Company name) were so blessed to have you as an employee. And I can’t what you’re going to do in retirement, but if you get bored I’ve plenty of projects at my house. Congratulations and enjoy!
10) Congratulations (Name). I daydream about retirement every day and you get to live it. Now you’re the only job is to have fun. And know you’ll be great at it and you’re going to have a great time. And I can’t wait to see where that leads you. Cheers to lots of adventures in your retirement and I wish you tons of happiness in the years ahead.
Retirement Video Message Examples
The video below is a good example of a retirement tribute video that is filled with kind and funny video messages from coworkers, friend and family. Perhaps this also helps you to find the right words to say.
What Is A Good Retirement Gift?
Now that you’re going to wish someone a happy retirement you probably are also looking for a good retirement gift. So below I’ve listed five great retirement ideas that you can send to the retiree’s house or give at a retirement party.
1) Membership To Masterclass
Gifting a membership to Masterclass is giving access to the world’s best teachers. With one membership the retiree can follow over 100 different online classes from cooking classes of Gordon Ramsay to a singing class from Alicia Keys and everything in between. Science, business, music, food, sports, writing, arts, technology classes from the world’s greatest in their field. With this gift, you give the retiree something fun to do and something to stay busy. Two must-have ingredients for a happy and healthy retirement.
2) Champagne Gift Basket
Retirement is a life celebration where Champagne is indispensable. And that is why giving a Champagne Gift Basket can be an excellent idea. With this Dom Perignon Champagne Gift Basket, you give the retiree one of the best vintage champagnes in the world. Plus all sorts of other gourmet goodies.
3) Funny Beer Mug
Beer will taste a lot better when you’re retired. So when the retiree is a true beer lover this funny beer mug with the text: “The beer tastes a lot like I’m not going to work tomorrow” is a great retirement gift idea.
4) Book: 50 States, 5000 Ideas
A retiree with travel plans will love to get a travel-related retirement gift. And one of the best-sellers on Amazon is this 50 States, 5000 Ideas illustrated book created by National Geographic. Filled with 5000 ideas of the best experiences in every state, from the more obvious ones to the unexpected. A great retirement gift for someone who loves to go camping, or has a road trip planned, or is going to buy a camper.
5) Handmade Portrait Painting
A truly unique retirement gift is a handmade portrait painting of the retiree on the job, his or her family, grandchildren, or favorite pet. At Paint Your Life professional artists that you get to choose will create a painting from a photo of your choice. You have unlimited revisions, and 100% of your money back if you are not happy with the painting in the end. So nothing to lose!