When you’re looking for great retirement wishes for a friend, you’ve come to the right place! I’ve collected 150 funny, short, heartwarming retirement wishes, messages, and famous quotes in this article. They’re all perfect for writing on a retirement card or sharing in person at a retirement party. Plus, matching retirement gift ideas. So continue reading!
Discover 3 Secrets to wishing HAPPY RETIREMENT perfectly!
Join my newsletter and receive these secrets as a welcome gift.
Short Retirement Wishes For A Friend
1) I wish you all the best for this next chapter in your life.
2) The One, The Only, The Legend Has Retired! Congrats!
3) You can’t retire from being great!
4) Happy Retirement! You deserve it!
5) And so the adventure begins… Enjoy!
6) You only retire once, so make it count!
7) Best wishes for a magical retirement!
8) May your retirement be filled with fun adventures!
9) Enjoy happy hour every day!
10) Welcome to your new life: Eat, Drink, Nap, Repeat.
11) Congrats on having a lifetime of weekends!
12) Congratulations on your retirement. Enjoy the ride!
13) Bye Bye Tension, Hello Pension!
14) Time to make your dreams come true!
15) May you have the time of your life!
16) Life begins at retirement! Congrats!
17) I wish you lots of health and happiness in the future.
18) May your wildest dreams come true!
19) It’s time to make that bucket list…
20) I’m proud of you. You deserve to enjoy your retired life to the fullest.
21) May you enjoy all the best that life has to offer.
22) Best wishes on your well-deserved retirement.
23) Wishing you a fun-filled retirement!
24) May God bless you with a fantastic retirement.
25) Enjoy your freedom.
26) Best wishes on your retirement.
27) You deserve all the best things in your retired life.
28) Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors.
29) Enjoy this new journey in your life.
30) Congrats. Enjoy the longest holiday of your life!
Funny Retirement Wishes & Messages For A Friend
31) Retirement is awesome – you can finally do nothing without being worried about getting caught.
32) The Legend Has Retired, now what are you going to do? (check matching gifts here>>)
33) When ‘I’m too old for this shit’ becomes your daily mantra, you know it’s time to retire.
34) Good Luck With Your New Boss: Your Wife!
35) Free At Last, dear friend.
Discover 3 Secrets to wishing HAPPY RETIREMENT perfectly!
Join my newsletter and receive these secrets as a welcome gift.
36) Retirement is like a long vacation in Las Vegas. The goal is to enjoy it to the fullest but not so fully that you run out of money. Good luck!
37) Retirement is not the end of the road; it’s the beginning of the open highway! Hit the road and enjoy the trip. Congrats, my friend.
38) Jippie Kayee, You Don’t Have To Work Ever Again
39) Congrats, you’re officially retired from this crap.
40) What do you call a person who is happy on Monday? Retired! Congrats, and may you enjoy all upcoming happy Mondays.
41) You’re retired! Now You Can Do Anything You Want, As Long As Your Wife Agrees 😉
42) Congratulations on officially working for your wife now.
43) Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It’s Off The Work No Mo
44) Now you can finally say. “Not My Problem Anymore, I’m Retired.” (Check matching Can Coolers here>>)
45) Thank God It’s Friday Everyday Now!
46) You can beer all you want because you’re retired! (Check matching Beer Mug here>>)
47) You worked your whole life for this Mug>>.
48) Congrats! You survived all the meetings that should have been emails.
49) Quitter! Ooops, I mean, Happy Retirement!
50) A wise woman once said I’m out of here. And she lived happily ever after! (check matching gifts here>>)
51) Now, your only job is to have fun, and I know you’ll be great!
52) Congratulations on the World’s largest coffee break!
53) Retirement is the time when you stop lying about your age and start lying around the house.
54) Retirement. The money’s no better, but the hours are great!
55) You’ve made your mark and paid your dues. Now, put on your dancing shoes!
56) Watch out. Someone’s about to have too much free time on his/her hands…
57) Retirement: The time you realize that being showered and dressed in the morning is now optional.
58) Life in retirement is going to be an adventure; trekking through the garden, climbing out of bed, and diving into a good book. Congrats, and enjoy!
59) Congratulations on sacrificing your health to earn more money to retire happily. Now you can spend all that money to keep yourself healthy.
60) Congrats. Get ready to be showered with many chores from your kids, grandkids, and friends 😉
61) Retirement is just a nice way of saying. You’re getting too old for this!
62) For someone as lazy as you, retirement will be the same. Just only now, you don’t get paid for it.
63) You can’t teach an old dog new tricks but can put new tires on an old car. That’s what you’re doing: re-tiring. Enjoy your new wheels.
64) Retirement is waking up in the morning with nothing to do. And by bedtime, only half of it is done. Congratulations on doing nothing!
65) Behind every retired man is a wife wishing he would go back to work. Happy retirement!
66) Congrats on your retirement. Now every day is Saturday!
67) Enjoy your neverending weekend!
68) You’re currently unsupervised. I know it scares me too…
69) Congratulations on gaining two new best friends upon your retirement. Their names are Bed and Couch. You will be hanging out with them a lot.
70) Now you have time to wine all day! (check matching Wine Glass>>)
71) Retired! Under new management. See grandkids for details! (check matching mug>>)
72) Time to wine down. (Check matching Time To Wine Down Wine Rack >>)
73) The Queen Has Retired! (check matching insulated tumbler>>)
74) Retired. Under New Management. See Wife For Details (check out matching retirement gifts here>>)
75) Now, you will never know if people are genuinely happy about your retirement or if they are happy that they finally got rid of you…
76) Oh, look! It’s you don’t give a D*** o’clock! (check matching funny clock here>>)
77) Congratulations on finally deciding that life is more important than work! What took you so long?
78) My retirement advice to you. Just pretend every day is Saturday, and you’ll be fine!
79) If you struggle to find something to do in retirement… Feel free to mow my lawn anytime 😉
80) When people ask what you’ve been doing in retirement, say something interesting because nobody wants to hear about your afternoon naps.
81) Happy Retirement. Now Fridays aren’t the best day of the week anymore. They all are!
82) The biggest challenge in retirement is spending time without money. Good luck!
83) Congrats on your new job: living life to the fullest! You’ll be great at it!
84) Soon, you’ll wonder, how did I ever have time to work?
85) Congrats. There is no better feeling than going to bed and not having to set the alarm.
86) Retirement is like a neverending vacation. Only you’re not fit for the most fun stuff.
87) Happy retirement! Now you never have to use the excuse of being sick when you’re playing golf/ fishing, etc.
88) Enjoy sleeping in, knowing that we all have to go to work!
89) Retirement doesn’t make you an old fart. It means mean you no longer give a shit.
90) Congrats on your new skills in retirement. You can laugh, cough, sneeze, and pee all at the same time.
91) Retirement Forecast: Doing nothing with a chance of napping.
92) Your beer is going to taste a lot better when you don’t have to work the next day. (check matching Beer Mug here>>)
93) You’re not retired. You’re a professional Grandpa/ Grandma
94) Now you can finally say. “I don’t want to. I don’t have to. You can’t make me. I’m retired!” (check matching wine tumbler here>>)
95) You can charge a consulting fee next time we talk. (check matching t-shirt here >>).
Heartwarming Retirement Wishes For A Friend
96) Stay young at heart, kind in spirit, and enjoy your retired life!
97) The day has come. You finally stop working and start living! I wish you all the best in your retirement and enjoy all the adventures you have ahead of you. Happy Retirement!
98) The possibilities are endless. Have fun and enjoy every moment. You deserve all the best!
99) Happy retirement! May your future include more of the things you enjoy and none of the things you don’t!
100) All your hard work has finally paid off! Enjoy having the time to do all the things you’ve always wanted to do. Have a wonderful retirement.
101) Life after retirement is like the second inning of life. Reward yourself with a great and joyous vacation that you’ve always wanted. Congrats, and enjoy your retirement!
102) May you have a healthy and happy life with all your friends and family!
103) As a chapter closes in your life and a new one starts for you, may your years be filled with all the things you’re looking forward to. Congratulations on your retirement!
104) Wishing you a new journey of success and happiness in this phase of your life. May you be showered with abundant opportunities and do the things that your heart desires.
105) The day you finally stop working and start living! Happy Retirement!
106) Don’t act your age in retirement. Act like the inner young person you’ve always been! Congrats on your well-deserved retirement.
107) Wishing you much joy and happiness as you begin a new chapter in your life!
108) Dear friend, you know all those things we’ve talked about that you’ve always wanted to do? Now is the time to do them! Congratulations, and enjoy your retirement!
109) You deserve the best retirement for your dedication and hard work. Enjoy this journey of your life. Cherish every moment and have fun!
110) As you reach this time in your life, may you find joy in remembering past success and happiness in pursuing new hopes and plans.
111) Best wishes for an awesome retirement. Keep working hard, but be your own boss!
112) May your retirement be filled with many new adventures, meaningful moments, and much happiness. Happy retirement!
113) As you go into the next phase of your life, may you enjoy the best that life offers!
114) Retirement marks the end of working for someone else and the beginning of living for yourself. Congratulations, and I wish you a happy retirement!
115) After climbing the mountain, you can finally enjoy the view. Congratulations on your retirement! Enjoy the amazing view!
116) Retirement is a time to look back with satisfaction and be excited about what is to come. And fill each day with enjoyment and activities you’re passionate about. Congratulations on this special time in your life!
117) Congratulations on your retirement! Start listening to your heart; it’s the best gift you can give yourself when you retire.
118) Look back and be proud of what you’ve accomplished. And look ahead with anticipation and excitement. Let your heart lead the way to many joyful moments in your retirement.
119) Have no regrets about things you wouldn’t have done differently in the past. Retire with great ambitions and dreams for the future. Have a happy retirement!
120) Congrats on your newfound freedom. The road to an even great sense of freedom is personal growth. Have fun discovering new things about yourself. It will be a fun and surprising adventure.
121) Congratulations on your retirement may your life be filled with love, health, and happiness.
122) Wishing you good health, happiness, and success as you move forward to this next chapter in your life
123) Your graciousness, kindness, and wisdom are going to be missed. May your retired life be blessed with love and joy.
124) Look back and be proud of what you have achieved. Look forward and create the bright future you so deserve.
125) Happy retirement, my friend. I can’t wait to spend more time together.
126) I’m so pleased that you’re getting retired. I’m very proud of the person you are, and I wish you everything your heart desires. You deserve it.
127) Time to enjoy fun and freedom.
128) Time to enjoy the good life. Enjoy!
129) You’ve made it out alive. Congrats and have fun!
130) The best is yet to come, my friend. Be ready to enjoy the ride.
131) Enjoy the fun and relaxing things in life. Cheers to a stress-free retirement!
132) I send out all my loving wishes for your retirement.
133) You can now do whatever you want. Call me when you need a buddy. I’m in for all sorts of fun adventures together.
134) I’m so happy for you. We have known each other for many years, so I know that you’ve been looking forward to your retirement for a long time. I’m proud of you and our friendship. You deserve an amazing retirement.
Famous Retirement Quotes
135) “The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off.” – Abe Lemons
136) “A retired husband is often a wife’s full-time job.” – Ella Harris
137) “When a man retires, his wife gets twice the husband but only half the income.” – Chi Chi Rodriguez
138) “Retirement is wonderful. It’s doing nothing without worrying about getting caught at it.” – Gene Perret
139) “Don’t act your age in retirement. Act like the inner young person you have always been.” – J.A. West
140) “When you retire, you switch bosses. From the one who hired you to the one who married you”. – Gene Perret
141) “The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off.” – Abe Lemons
142) “There is a whole new kind of life ahead, full of experiences waiting to happen. Some call it retirement. I call it bliss” – Betty Sullivan
143) “Retirement is a blank sheet of paper. It is a chance to redesign your life into something new and different.” – Patrick Foley
144) “Don’t simply retire from something. Have something to retire to.” – Harry Emerson Fosdick
145) “Retire from work. Not from life”. M.K. Soni
146) “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Retirement Poems For A Friend
147) Retirement is a time for feeling glad to be alive,
a time when friendships blossom and enthusiasm thrive.
A chance to do the special things you wished you could.
Retirement is a special time for knowing… life is good!
Congratulations on your retirement!
148) I hope your retirement is perfectly grand,
with lots of good luck in the things you’ve planned.
And hope that the years will bring you happiness, too,
and all that is best, especially for you.
149) The days of nine to five are passed,
happy days are here at last.
You’ve worked all your life and paid your dues.
Now you do what you choose.
Enjoy your retirement!
150) You’ve worked really hard,
you’ve come this far,
I hope you know
how blessed you are!
brand new plans,
all of them
are in God’s hands.
You’ll have more
hours in the day
to hope, to dream,
to rest, to play.
You’ll find new ways
to be inspired;
#1 Best Retirement Gift
If you want your friend to never get bored in retirement. And have the best time by learning new skills and exploring new hobbies. Then Masterclass is a great retirement gift. After researching many retirement gifs, this is one of my favorites.
Masterclass is an online video education platform that works just like Netflix, where your friend can follow online masterclasses from the best in the world. For example: cooking classes from the greatest chefs in the world like Gordon Ramsay, Aaron Franklin, Thomas Keller, and Alice Waters. Music classes from Alicia Keys, Carlos Santana, and so many other great classes in art, business, science, sports, writing, lifestyle, and more. Interested?