Is one of your coworkers retiring? You might be struggling with what to write in the retirement card for your coworker. Retiring is a life-changing moment, so you want to be your message extra special. I have done the research and collected the best ideas on what to write in a retirement card for a coworker.
In the retirement card for your co-worker, you can write:
- Congratulations on your retirement!
- You’ve worked very hard to enjoy this new chapter in your life.
- I enjoyed working with you very much and I want to thank you for all the valuable lessons you taught me.
- You’ll be missed at the office.
- I wish you a lot of fun, health, and happiness in your retirement!
These words are just an example of what you can write in your co-worker’s retirement card. In this article, I’ll share all sorts of funny and sincere wishes for your coworker. Also, I’ll share some amazing retirement gift ideas, that goes perfect with a retirement card.
Thank you for supporting Retirement Tips and Tricks: Please note that some links in this article are affiliate links. When you make a purchase using these links, we may get a small commission, at no extra cost to you.
But first, start with the easy step-by-step guide filled with tips so you know exactly what to do, and write the best retirement card for your coworker.
What To Write In Your Coworker’s Retirement Card: Step-By-Step Guide
Your coworker is retiring and that is a big deal. And that’s why you want to put in the effort to write a great retirement card so he or she feels appreciated and celebrated.
At first, you want to congratulate your coworker on this milestone in life. You can use words on the card like: “Congratulations on your retirement” or “Happy Retirement“.
After that, you can acknowledge the hard work they have done over the years and list a couple of career successes and achievements to let them know their work didn’t go unnoticed. This can be general career successes or achievements on a more personal level that you want to express.
Make sure to add personal details about your relationship and how wonderful it’s been working with them. You can write about how much you’re going to miss them, what you learned from them and what you liked about having them as a coworker. You can add funny anecdotes for example. The more personal you will get the more they will appreciate this.
You want to end the retirement card by writing well wishes for the future. You can use words like: “Best wishes for an awesome retirement” or “Wishing you much joy and happiness as you begin a new chapter in your life” or “I am wishing you a relaxing, fun, and long retirement” or “Enjoy your retirement” or “Best wishes on your next adventure“.
You can hint towards the plans they have in the future like maybe traveling, golfing, or other hobbies and activities they want to do in their retirement.
If you have trouble with coming up with the right words you can try to switch shoes. And see what you would like to hear on the day of your retirement. You probably want to hear that your work was appreciated and that you left a mark within the company and you want to be remembered in a positive way. So write things you want to read on your retirement card and you will be good.
Tip: Amazing Retirement Card Idea
Besides a great retirement wish you’re probably also looking for an awesome retirement card, right? And I’ve got the best tip for you to make your retirement card extra special!
Lovepop creates 3D pop-up paper art that unfolds like a miniature surprise. This way your retirement card will for sure stand out from the rest of the cards and will leave a great impression. Curious about all the cool pop up cards? Check out all the magical pop up cards of Lovepop here.
Retirement wishes for a coworker
Here are a couple of examples of wishes you can write on your coworker’s retirement card. You can copy/ paste the examples or use it as a source of inspiration to write your unique message.
Sincere Retirement Wishes For A Coworker
- I hope you will have a wonderful retirement! You will be missed, but never forgotten. You’ve done so much for all of us.
- We are going to miss you. You are one of a kind and unreplaceable. Enjoy your well-deserved retirement!
- You are one of the hardest workers I have ever known. I wish you a great retirement because you deserved it!
- It has been a pleasure working with you. I am wishing you a relaxing, fun, and long retirement. You will be missed. Congratulations on your retirement!
- In the many years, you have been in the office, you have made an undeniable difference. Congratulations on your retirement—it won’t be the same here without you!
- Thanks for all the great memories. Your contributions will never be forgotten. Happy retirement!
- Congratulations on your retirement! There is a world of possibilities ahead of you and I wish you the best on your next adventure!
- Wishing you good health, happiness, and success as you move forward to this next chapter in your life!
- I wish you a wonderful future with lots of time to enjoy with your family, friends, and hobbies. Congratulation and enjoy your retirement!
- Congratulations on your retirement. May you live your best life from here on out!
- You are a hard worker and optimist. Thank you for bringing so much joy and dedication to the office. We will miss you! Have fun with your retirement!
- Best wishes on your next adventure in life!
- You’ve been promoted to the retirement stage of your life! Congratulations!
- Congratulations on your retirement! Start listening to your heart; it’s the best gift you can give yourself when you retire.
Funny Retirement Wishes For A Coworker
- Remember retirement is an adventure! Especially if you count trekking out of bed, climbing on sofas and diving into takeaways. Have fun with all that and forget about this place!
- Congratulations on extending your weekends with 5 days! Now every day is a Saturday.
- Please congratulate your partner on getting twice the husband, but only half the income. Happy retirement!
- When ‘I’m too old for this shit’ becomes your daily mantra, you know it’s time to retire. Fortunately, you’re getting out of here… I hope you enjoy all the adventures you have planned for the future. Happy Retirement!
- Young at heart. Slightly older in other places….. Congratulations and enjoy your retirement!
- Bye Bye Tension, Hello Pension. Happy Retirement!
- From the bottom of my heart, we’re going to miss you. Best wishes to your retirement! Feel free to call me and visit when you get bored playing around.
- Now you can enjoy doing nothing all day and relax afterward! Happy retirement!
- Retired: I know it all but I can’t remember it all at once.
- There are some who start their retirement long before they stop working. So this happy retirement card is X years too late. Congrats anyway!
- We took a vote and decided that you retiring is simply not good for any of us!
- You are going to miss this place because we’re awesome.
- Retired life is seven day weekends! So enjoy your weekend!
What Is The Best Retirement Gift For A Coworker?
When someone is retiring it’s not mandatory to give a gift but it is good manners. In some cases a retirement card with best wishes is enough to acknowledge this achievement in their life. But when it’s a close co-worker you might want to celebrate this achievement an awesome retirement gift. Or if you’re invited to a retirement party then it’s customary to bring a gift. Unless the invitation says not to. And there a couple of things you can do:
Give a retirement gift individually
If you have a nice relationship with your coworker you can celebrate their retirement by giving a thoughtful gift personally.
Personalized gifts are always great retirement gifts but the best retirement gifts are the gifts that match the retiree’s plans, hobbies and dreams in retirement. A gift they can enjoy in retirement or can keep as a memory. And here are some great ideas to gift your coworker;
- Looking for a great retirement gift for her? Give her a Spa Gift Basket filled with wine and Spa essentials that help her relax and enjoy her first days in retirement.
- Looking for an awesome retirement gift for him? Give him a custom BroBasket filled with his favorite alcohol and snacks.
- Have a bit of fun and give a funny retirement t-shirt or a cool retirement coffee mug.
- Does he or she likes to drink wine? You can gift a wine box or a subscription to The California wine club.
- Does he or she has travel plans in retirement? You can give him or her a travel gift.
- A Polaroid camera is a great retirement gift to capture amazing moments in retirement. It’s a perfect gift for every plan in retirement.
- Give a custom Beer Gift if he or she loves to drink beer
Aged to Perfection Custom Beer Gift for Men
Give A Group Gift
You can also collect money with other coworkers to give a group gift. This way you can buy a more expensive gift for your coworker. Maybe you know his/ her retirement plans and you know what they need but it’s a bit expensive to give individually. Then you can suggest the idea of a group gift to your coworkers. When it comes to group gifting it’s best not to force guidelines. Don’t insist that everyone has to contribute because maybe they can’t afford it or they don’t want to be involved.
If you’re close coworkers and known each other for years then it can be fun to go on a trip together to celebrate your coworkers retirement. Of gift him a photo book or scrapbook with fun photos, anecdotes, well wishes to keep as a great memory and to reminisce in retirement.
A great group retirement gift for a coworker is a Dom Perignon Gift Basket. Because a big life celebration calls for champagne.
He or she can enjoy the best vintage champagne in the world with lots of gourmet snacks and enjoy it together with their spouse or family. It’s a great gift that gives your coworker the opportunity to celebrate their retirement and new life adventure in the first couple of days.
Dom Perignon Greetings – Wine Gift Basket
Another awesome retirement gift is the gift of Masterclass. MasterClass is an online education platform with the world’s most successful and famous teachers; Gordon Ramsey, Christina Aguilera, Usher, Hans Zimmer, Stephen Curry, Carlos Santana, Jimmy Chin, etc. And you can gift your coworker something fun and interesting to do with an All-Access Pass to Masterclass.
I wrote many articles about retirement that might be helpful for you. A few of the most popular articles are;
What to write in your husband’s retirement card? In the retirement card, you want to congratulate him and share that you’re proud of him. You wish him a happy retirement and you can write about things you’re looking forward to with him in the future. Here are 37 ideas you can write in your husband’s retirement card.
What to write in a retirement card for a friend? In the retirement card, you want to congratulate your friend on their retirement, and you want to wish him/ her happiness for the future. And you can add that you’re looking forward to spending more time in the future. Here are 52 examples and ideas you can write in your friend’s retirement card.