Is someone you know retiring? And are you asked or want to say something in a retirement tribute? Then you might wonder: what do you say in a retirement tribute? Well, I’ve got a simple formula and listed 55 Unique Messages in this article to help you out.
The success formula on what to say in a retirement tribute =
Congratulating + acknowledgment of their work and achievements + positive characteristics + favorite memory/ funny anecdote + gratitude and appreciation + best wishes for retirement.
This formula is just the tip of the iceberg, in this article, you’ll find examples of funny and heartwarming messages to say in a retirement tribute for a coworker, boss, husband, wife, dad, mom, employee, friend, family member, or teacher. So let’s get started!
Oh and if you haven’t found a great retirement gift yet, my Top 5 Best Retirement Gifts will make that a lot easier for you!
What To Say In A Retirement Tribute For A Coworker
In a retirement tribute for a coworker, you say:
1) Dear (name), It has been a pleasure working with you. Thanks for all the great memories. Know that your contributions will never be forgotten. Congrats on your retirement!
2) Happy retirement (name), I’m going to miss you. You are one of a kind and unreplaceable. Enjoy your well-deserved retirement!
3) The legend has finally retired. Congrats! Work without you will be boring. Don’t forget to drop by for coffee or invite me over for a beer. Enjoy your neverending weekend (name). You deserve it!
4) Dear (name), Congratulations on your retirement. Thank you for bringing so much joy and dedication. I’m going to miss your energy and positivity at the office. It won’t be the same here without you! Have fun in retirement!
5) Cheers to your retirement (name)! May it be filled with adventures, joy, and happiness and NO Stress.
6) Let’s toast to a happy retirement for you (name). You have made an undeniable difference. Wishing you all the best on your next adventure in life! Congrats!
I discovered the secret to a retirement celebration success: fun party games.
And that is why I have created a printable Retirement Party Game Bundle with 10 amazing party games.
You can share your wishes and advice with the retiree in a fun and memorable way.
What To Say In A Retirement Tribute For A Boss
In a retirement tribute for a boss, you say:
7) Cheers to the best boss the company has ever had! Congratulations on your retirement (name)! I wish you a wonderful future to enjoy with your family, friends, and hobbies.
8) Dear (name), After tomorrow you’re not a boss anymore. But your wife is ;). So perhaps you want to reconsider your decision… Happy retirement to you and your wife!
9) Happy Retirement (name), You dedicated so much of your time and energy to making this company successful. You’re unreplaceable and your work will never be forgotten. Enjoy all the new adventures in your life.
10) Congratulations Boss! There comes a time that you’re going to miss all of us bastards. Wishing you the most exciting and stress-free retirement ever!
11) Dear (name), If there’s one person in the company who deserves a retirement; it’s you. Have the most amazing time! I hope all your future dreams come true and your retirement is filled with joy and happiness.
12) Congrats. Thank you for being someone we can look up to. You deserve the best retirement ever.
13) Happy retirement (name)! You’ve made it. Congratulations. You can now enjoy a stress-free life with family and friends. Know that your graciousness and friendliness are going to be missed. Have fun with all your plans in retirement.
14) Cheers to a very loooooong weekend! Enjoy!
What To Say In A Retirement Tribute For Your Husband
In a retirement tribute for your husband, you say:
15) My love, you have been my best friend, my partner in crime, and the love of my life for xx years. Congratulations! You deserve a wonderful retirement!
16) Cheers to my husband. I love you. And I am so so proud of you. You’ve worked so hard you’re entire life. I hope you have the retirement of a lifetime. You deserve it!
17) Do you remember all those things we said we’ve always wanted to do? Let’s go! I’m ready! Let’s have some fun!
18) Dear (name) For your dedication and hard work over the past XX years, you deserve the best retirement ever. Enjoy this new journey of your life. I am going to be there enjoying the ride.
19) Congrats on your retirement sweetheart. I appreciate and respect you so much. I can’t wait for this new chapter to start where we can make our dreams come true.
20) Honey, You are the reason for my happiness. I wish you the most wonderful retirement. I love you. Let the fun journey begin!
21) A big chapter of our life is closing, but a new and exciting chapter is about to start. And I can’t wait! May our retirement years be filled with all the things you and I dreamed about. Cheers to you! Happy retirement!
What To Say In A Retirement Tribute For Your Wife
In a retirement tribute for your wife, you say:
22) Cheers to my extraordinary wife. She has had a very successful career and raised three wonderful children. I am so proud of you and have no clue what to do without you. Congrats on your retirement. Let’s make it an adventurous ride!
23) Happy retirement my love. I look forward to the most amazing adventures together. You deserve nothing but the best!
24) Congrats on this major milestone in life. You have been the best role model for our kids and grandkids. And I’m so proud of you. Let’s have a healthy, fun, and long retirement!
25) My lovely wife. You are a queen. I’m so proud of all your hard work and dedication. I know you’re going to be missed, but I’m so glad that we can finally spend more time together. Cheers to making all our dreams come true in retirement!
26) Congrats my dear (name). You’ve finally made it and I am very proud to be your husband. I can’t be more thrilled to start this amazing new adventure together. Let’s make it the best chapter of our lives.
What To Say In A Retirement Tribute For Your Dad
In a retirement tribute for your dad, you say:
27) Happy retirement dad! You’ve worked so hard to come to this stage in life. I wish you have the most amazing retirement. Have fun with all the adventures on your bucket list. Make sure to live life to the fullest!
28) Dear Dad, you’re my hero. I look up to you and want wish nothing but the best for you. Congrats on your retirement. I’m so excited to go on many adventures together. Let’s have a blast!
29) Congratulations on your retirement Dad! May your retirement be filled with joy, health, and happiness. You deserve it!
30) You did it, dad! Congrats on this major life accomplishment. Cheers to a bright future ahead and nothing but stress-free days in your life.
What To Say In A Retirement Tribute For Your Mom
In a retirement tribute for your Mom, you say:
31) Happy retirement mom. We are proud of the work you have done. The person you are. And the difference you have made. Cheers to many wonderful years ahead of you that are filled with joy, happiness, and good health!
32) Congrats. You’re the best mom ever. You rock at your job and you rock as a mom. I can’t wait to enjoy cocktails with you on Monday afternoons. Have a happy retirement!
33) It’s is time for relaxing days and no more worries about deadlines, meetings, and setting an alarm clock. Have a wonderful retirement. I’m proud of you Mom!
34) Congrats on your retirement mom. Cheers to a future life full of laughter, fun, and adventures. Let’s go make your dreams come true mom! It’s about time!
35) Happy retirement mom! Cheers to a future full of dreams, adventures, surprises, and grandkids! (Optional: Yes, you heard it right. You’re going to be a grandma)
36) Congratulations on getting the dream job you’ve waited XX years for… Retirement. I know you’ll be great at it! We can’t wait to have the most amazing time with you.
37) Dear mom. As you are about to start this new adventure in life, may luck and success always be with you.
What To Say In A Retirement Tribute For An Employee
In a retirement tribute for an employee, you say:
38) Dear (name). Congratulations on your retirement. Thank you for all your hard work, positive energy, and dedication for XX years. Your contributions will never be forgotten. We’re going to miss you and this company will never be the same without you. Thank you for everything you have done. Now, it’s time for you to live your best life. Enjoy your retirement. You deserve it!
39) Hey (name) I know retirement is going to be amazing for you. You’ll be great at it. It’s doing nothing without worrying you’ll get caught 😉 but on a more serious note. Thank you for all your work. We hope you enjoy your retirement as much as we have enjoyed working with you.
40) Congrats on your retirement (name). Your teamwork and dedication have been beyond this world. We appreciate you so much and we wish you the most amazing time in retirement.
41) Dear (name), Although we’re very happy for you, we’re sad to say goodbye. We will miss all that you brought to our company. Thank you for everything you’ve done for us. Have to most fulfilling, joyful, and healthy retirement ever!
What To Say In A Retirement Tribute For A Family Member
In a retirement tribute for a family member, you say:
42) Happy Retirement (name), Cheers to the amazing person you are. May all your bucket list dreams come true in retirement!
43) Dear (name), Congrats on your retirement. It’s time to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride! Wishing you a fantastic retirement!
44) All your hard work has finally paid off! Enjoy the view. Have a wonderful retirement!
45) Dear (name), congratulations on achieving the best stage in your life. I wish you lots of joy and happiness as you begin this new chapter in your life! You deserve the world!
What To Say In Retirement Tribute For A Friend
In a retirement tribute for a friend, you say:
46) Congrats on retirement my friend. I am so happy to call you my best friend. You’re always there for me and I can be more grateful to have you in my life. May you have a healthy and happy life in retirement! Cheers to enjoying our beers without having to work the next day!
47) For the XX years of dedication and hard work, you deserve the best retirement ever. Stay young at heart, kind in spirit, and enjoy your retirement! Make sure to cherish every moment and have fun!
48) Congratulations on a fantastic career. Have an even more fantastic retirement! Now it’s time (name). Time to live out your bucket list! Oh, don’t forget to invite me for your next adventure. Enjoy this amazing new journey of your life!
49) Dear (name), Congrats on your retirement. I wish you a healthy and long retirement. May it be filled with many new adventures, meaningful moments, and much happiness.
50) Welcome to your newfound freedom. I wish you lots of fun and happiness in this new chapter of your life. Make it the best chapter of your life.
What To Say In A Retirement Tribute For A Teacher
In a retirement tribute for a teacher, you say:
51) It’s hard to say goodbye to a teacher like you because you’ll forever be in our hearts. Congrats! Have an amazing retirement!
52) Thank you for your wisdom and kindness over all these years. You’re an awesome teacher and you deserve an awesome retirement. Congratulations and have fun!
53) Happy retirement (name), You’re a true inspiration, and you’ve touched many people’s lives. Look back and be proud of what you have achieved. And look forward to the bright future you deserve!
54) Cheers to an extraordinary teacher. You’ve dedicated yourself to educating students. And now it’s time for you to sit back, relax, and watch those seeds you planted grow. Or have a beer instead. Wishing you the most amazing retirement ever!
55) Cheers to the best teacher ever! Enjoy everything that life has to offer you. May your retirement be bright, joyful, and stress-free. Congrats and wishing you the best time in retirement!